Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Santa you forgot the Bieber!

Is anyone else feeling as violated by the Holiday Madness? I mean, although I tried my best to ensure that I took things in stride and made sure that I crossed my T’s and dotted my I’s, the fact is, I just went through all the motions and managed to get through it like in years past, just barely!
This year, like the last, I was broke. Now, I clearly don’t mean poverty broke, but if it hadn’t been for the fact that my roommate is letting me borrow her car, and thus I don’t have a rental car payment, there might have been no Christmas for anyone other than my munchkin, really!
We celebrate Christmas and this year, munchkin wasn’t happy that Santa didn’t bring her a bike or a Justin Bieber doll. I have a 6 year old for goodness sakes! I refuse to be sucked into the Disney vortex of teen pop! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!  
We are all adults in my family really, and we all know that even if I hadn’t bought everyone something, well it would have been fine. But you know how it is, you want to make sure that in small token you recognize all that people have given you throughout the year, whether that may be, friendship, emotional stability, or my all-time favorite, judgmental criticism! J
Because well I mean, at least from my family, most of the time, my “support” sometimes comes by way of telling me how I could have done things better. Hey I’m here and a better person right!? That criticism must have helped in some way… I think. Haha!
So after an unproductive Holiday season, I would just like to say, I HATE being unable to purchase everyone I would have liked to, a small token of appreciation. I am such a giver and it sucks not to give.
While I hate resolutions, this year, I want to do a better job of letting people know how much they mean to me, because well quite honestly, can you ever really do that enough?
I hope you all had a fabulous holiday season no matter what you celebrated. Thank you for reading and I promise to give you more this year! Now back to reality, whatever that is…

No comments:

Post a Comment