Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Claudia Sandoval Day! Oh it's a thing!

Among the most incredible things that have come from my success on MasterChef and my philanthropic work in my community, the accolades that bring me the most joy are the ones where I am being recognized by the communities that I live in and am actively working to better. 

Some of these include, California State Senate Women of the Year 2016, a Commendation from the City of La Mesa, which I lived in when I was on the show, and the most fun of all, December 15th being declared Claudia Sandoval Day! 


Yep you read that right... there is such a thing as Claudia Sandoval Day! Because on December 15, 2015, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors proclaimed this: 

"Be it proclaimed on this 15th day of December 2015 is hereby declared to be "Claudia Sandoval Day" throughout the County Of San Diego."


Many of you have asked how I will celebrate. The truth is, with a couple of signature Claudia things! So I made a list in hopes that you will join me! 



  1. MEDITATE: Wake Up and Meditate for 15-30 minutes. Don't check your phone before. Just wake up, open your eyes, close them again, focus on your breathing, relax yourself, and allow your body to relax and allow any thoughts to go right through you. Don't start making a list of what you will do in the day. Just try to relax and meditate. 
  2. DELICIOUS START: Have a delicious breakfast of choice. If you ask me I will likely have Chilaquiles, eggs over medium and some refried beans. Don't forget the cotija cheese! 
  3. HUMILITY: Identify three things in your life that you are grateful for. If they include people, you should call them and tell them. 
  4. SUSTENANCE with ROCKS: Who are the FEW people you call when you need an ear, who always have your back, don't judge you, and who always answer your phone call. Invite those people out to lunch! Thank them for their time and support. You wouldn't be you without them! 
    1. Now if I can provide some encouragement. I suggest going to a local taqueria and asking for an Adobada Mulita! Two delicious corn tortillas with melted cheese, adobada meat, avocado, onions and cilantro... You can thank me later. Otherwise, tacos always do the job! HAHA!
  5. CONSCIOUSNESS: Think of 2 things you have done well lately. Give yourself props for it. Now Identify 2 things you could do to take your day-to-day life to the next level. It can be reading, writing, drinking more water, walking, attitude, meditation, smiling more, whatever.
  6. RECORD YOUR LIFE: Get outside, to the mountains, the forest, the beach, a ranch, your garden... anywhere! Get out there and take pictures of your surrounding area. Take pictures of your kids running in the sun. Take a couple selfies until you get just the right one. Or simply, take a picture of yourself consciously enjoying the outdoors. Sometimes we record our lives by posting pics of our coffee or our lunch on Social. This time. Record it for YOU! Take real life memory snapchats of how amazing you are today. How much smarter you are than the day before, and how far you have come! You rock! Record it!  
  7. NIGHT CAP: Enjoy your favorite drink or vice of choice. In my case: Nikka Coffee Grain Whisky on the rocks. If you love Chocolate Milk, drink Chocolate Milk! Whatever your favorite drink is! Enjoy it. Now, find a good fun way to laugh, watch a video, dance silly with your kids, make funny faces in the mirror or play a game with friends, whatever you do, it must be FUN! Go on be a kid! 
I know some of these seems silly. But these are all inspired by friends in my life who have taught me how to be conscious, be silly, meditate, have fun, and enjoy a night cap! Hope you enjoy Claudia Sandoval Day as much as I do! 

Cheers~ SLM

No comments:

Post a Comment