Monday, January 23, 2012

Dynamite Domingo!

There is nothing better than Sundays in my Book! I know the majority of the population is ecstatic when Friday is here. After all, it is the end of the dreaded work week and time to have fun! But my new favorite day is Sunday (aka Domingo)! 

You see, as part of my custody agreement, my munchkin leaves me every other weekend from Friday at 7pm to Sunday at 7 pm! UGHHH!!!!!  

And while there are times where I want nothing more than for her continuous yapping and questions to stop, my munchkin is my everything. She keeps me going. She gives me strength. Occasionally, she even causes me to surprise myself with my level of patience! Haha 

But the fact is, that every single weekend she isn't here it's like a mad dash to stay busy until she is with me again! And I'm not kidding! 

Ninety-nine times out of 100 I jam pack my schedule until pickup time so I don't feel alone. BLEH! 

Do any of my other single mama friends out there feel the same way? 

I obviously have days where I have nothing to do but stay home and clean, or go to dinner by myself, and I'm fine.  But give me a full day with nothing to do but think, and we've got problems! It's been over a year with this arrangement and it's still not any easier! 

So like most Sundays, last night I was counting the minutes until she was with me again! I picked her up, polished up her toe nails and nails, like every Sunday night, and sooner than later,she was fast asleep in my arms! Dynamite Domingo's! YEAH! -Cheers! ~SLM

No comments:

Post a Comment