Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Silly Boys, I'm a mom, I dont play games...

Sometimes, there are times where I want to be a little girl. Seriously, just stomp my feet, pout, and cry.
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to dammit! Except, I know better. I know I shouldn't go there.

Because as we all know, I am a mature grown woman, mother of one, that just needs to hold it together. So I slip on my big girl panties, shake it off, and take a deep breath.

You see, in the past couple of weeks, everyone that has been someone in the past ohhhhh  10 years or so of my lovelife, has for one reason or another resurfaced. Giving me the unsettling dismay of remembering why they all fell apart. Peachy. :D

Now along with those messages, emails, texts, etc. were included a myriad of "I miss you's", "Not sure what I was thinking", and my all time favorite, "I am sorry. Hope you are ok"

I've moved on, why haven't they? Regret?

We all have it, that moment where we think, ohhhh that's the one that go away. Especially, when you are feeling lonely, sad, bitter, cynical, whatever it is.

I get it, I have had moments of weakeness myself.

But do you think, for one minute, that if things restarted they would be any different? Things fell apart because obviously something wasn't working. Communication is clearly one of them.

Communication, my dear friend, how you cause such havoc in relationships. Haha.

Seriously though guys, I know some of you read my blogs, and I know some of you will roll your eyes knowing that I am talking about you. However, if you had wanted me in your life right now, I would be.

Simply.

If you honestly felt that way, you wouldn't have lost me.
Really, things fell apart because that is the way life is. I was not meant for you, because I was meant for someone else, myself.

I am ok with that, you should be too. :)

With that, I will also go so far to say that being a "text buddy" isn't trying hard enough. All too often I get the incessant texting conversation and while I enjoy having friends in general, the last thing I need is to play games with someone that is half interested by only chosing to text me when they are bored.

Make time for me, and I will make time for you. Simple as that. Got it? Good. :)

I'm glad we could communicate openly! HAHA


-Cheers~ SLM

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely. I think there's a big difference between really close friends who might only be in touch a few times a year (and that's okay, it's that way between my bestie and I) and then random people who think it's okay to waste your time! I think in many ways women are better at just letting go, moving on and getting on with life. I don't have any regrets, wouldn't have done anything differently (good or bad).

    New Giveaway on the Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realize I never responded to this comment. It's true! I know you are so right about friendships! I am sure I could do a better job of reaching out to you too! LOL coincidentally! Jaha! But, I will agree to say that some friendships are that way, but in relationships, that is just half assing it! Haha! :-p

      Delete