Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let’s accept it, NO ONE KNOWS!

GOOD GRIEF!

This past Memorial Day weekend, it seemed like I spent the better half of it, talking to my friends about new relationships, lack thereof, and old relationships. Somewhere in there was a trickle of a past romance coming back into my life…shhhh I’m not telling you who just yet….

However, for the most part, the weekend was spent discussing what we could all “Do” to fix things, or move things along, or finally put a close to them.

All of the friends I interacted with are at different points in their relationships, some dating, some in relationships, some waiting for the ring, and some, well really only me, still somewhat dwelling after the last failure.

We all, like typical females, and true to nature, hyper analyzed and dissected what we felt was what the other should or could do. Thinking strategically in order to achieve what, well, what we want, our happily ever after.

We discussed recent books reads on these very topics and the “Man” mentality vs. that of the woman. While some of the strategies and perspectives seemed right on, some seemed almost unrealistic!

“Don’t cook for him until he deserves it!”, “Don’t give him more than he deserves”, “Ask him these five questions!”, the joyyyyyyyyy!   

Then , I got to thinkin’….

NOBODY knows ANYTHING!

The truth is, everyone is unpredictable. People can have “changes of heart” at a moments notice, and for whatever reason. They can “see” what they were losing, “see” what they are gaining, or simply “realize” that what was right before them, was right all along.

Nothing is set in stone. Think about how many times you have changed your mind about somebody? Thus, if these books really offered the fail safe secret to relationships, don’t we think we would have everything figured out by now?

So since we all CLEARLY have no idea what we are doing, I will just continue to read up, take what I like from these Relationship self help books, and continue to be my happy, optimistic, self, and enjoy life until Mr. The One comes into my life… 

until then…~ Cheers Everyone! - SLM

2 comments:

  1. The whole 'strategize' bit made me smile, I remember those days. But I agree with you - no one knows. There are two people involved in a relationship, sometimes more if you include the influence of family and friends and then there's the past and people's own experiences. I'm not sure how P and I got this far but the strategies and games didn't work. It was the talking. Constant talking. About everything. Sometimes it took mentally starting from a clean slate when things didn't go too well. You're such a beautiful person, you deserve something wonderful and lasting to happen in the romance department ;)

    PS: SLM, I love your pillow talk series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww you are so sweet! I know I will eventually find this man, the one that I can talk to about everything and can inspire me and move me as much as P can you! :)

      Thank you for your comment on my pillowtalk series... i will incorporate some of those pictures in my blog ;)

      Delete